How To Reset The Whirlpool Ice Maker?
Welcome to our Complete Reset Guide on how to reset a Whirlpool Ice Maker! In this guide, we’ll provide step-by-step instructions on how to properly reset your Whirlpool ice maker. We’ll also provide troubleshooting tips and tricks to help you identify and solve any potential issues with your ice maker. By the end of this guide, you’ll be able to easily reset your Whirlpool ice maker and keep it running smoothly. So let’s get started!
Need of Resetting the Whirlpool Ice Maker
Resetting a Whirlpool ice maker is necessary to reset the ice-making cycle after a power outage or if the ice maker has been moved to a new location. Resetting the ice maker will also help to troubleshoot any issues that may be causing the ice maker to malfunction. Additionally, resetting the ice maker will help to ensure that the ice maker is operating properly.
Methods on How To Reset The Whirlpool Ice Maker?
1. Find and Press the reset button
The location of the reset button on a Whirlpool ice maker can vary depending on the model. Generally, it is located on the front of the ice maker, usually on the lower right side. It is a small, red button that is recessed into the ice maker. It may be labeled “Reset,” “Reset Button,” or “Power.”
Resetting the ice maker can fix issues such as the ice maker not producing ice, the ice maker overflowing, or the ice maker not cycling. Resetting the ice maker allows it to go through a full cycle and hopefully fix the issue.
2. Press the ON/OFF Switch
Depending on the model of your Whirlpool ice maker, the ON/OFF switch is usually located on the front or side of the unit. It is usually a small switch that you can press to turn the ice maker on or off. Depending on the issue you are having with the ice maker, turning the ice maker off and then back on can help to reset and fix any problems.
3. Adjust the Feeler Arm Of the Ice Maker
To adjust the feeler arm of your Whirlpool ice maker, first, locate the arm on the side of the ice maker. If the arm is too low, you will need to turn the screw on the side of the arm clockwise to raise it slightly. If the arm is too high, turn the screw counterclockwise to lower it. Once you have adjusted the arm, run a cycle of ice and check the cubes to see if they are the correct size. If they are not, continue to adjust the arm until the desired size is achieved.
4. Unplug the Ice Maker
- Unplug the refrigerator from the power outlet.
- Locate the ice maker in the refrigerator.
- Using a flathead screwdriver, loosen the screws that hold the ice maker in place.
- Carefully pull the ice maker out of the freezer.
- Disconnect the wiring harness that is attached to the ice maker.
- Take the ice maker out of the refrigerator and place it in a safe location.
- Inspect the ice maker for any signs of damage.
- Clean the ice maker with a soft cloth and warm, soapy water.
- Check all connections and wiring for any damage.
- Reinstall the ice maker and reconnect the wiring harness.
- Secure the ice maker with the screws.
- Plug the refrigerator back into the power outlet.
What to do if the Whirlpool Ice Maker is not Working After The Reset?
If your Whirlpool ice maker is not working after a reset, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and diagnose the problem.
- Check the power source: Make sure that your ice maker is connected to a functioning power source and that the power cord is securely plugged into the wall outlet.
- Check the water line: Ensure that the water line is connected to the ice maker and that there is water flow to the unit.
- Check the ice maker’s temperature: If the temperature is too low, it can prevent the ice maker from working properly.
- Check the ice maker’s water filter: If the water filter is clogged or blocked, it can prevent the ice maker from working properly.
- Check the ice maker’s control board: If the control board is defective, it can prevent the ice maker from working properly. If none of these steps fixes the problem, you may need to contact a professional appliance repair service to diagnose and repair the ice maker.
This article has provided a comprehensive guide on how to reset the Whirlpool Ice Maker. We have discussed the most common issues and solutions, including what to do when the ice maker won’t reset, how to reset the ice maker manually, and how to check the ice maker’s water supply.
Hopefully, this guide has given you the information and confidence you need to successfully reset your Whirlpool Ice Maker. Apart from this whirlpool ice maker resetting guide, you can also check out how to easily reset igloo ice maker. That is if you own a igloo ice maker at home.